Sunday, April 17, 2011

Inspiration Sunday - Topiary Trees

Recently, I bought two six foot topiary trees that I am going to plant in pots. The trees have a somewhat long stalk and three shaped balls. Last year I had bought a miniature one that I planted in the backyard. I love topiaries.

They are so unique and add some interest to the landscape. It is quite fantastic how they are grown and shaped. Since topiaries are on my mind, I thought, why don't I do an Inspiration Sunday post on it? :)

Here are some inspiring photos of some beautiful trees. It's amazing how much work must go into pruning the trees in order for them to keep their topiary shape.


A little evergreen haven. So beautiful!
Photobucket


I love the layers of the tree on the left.
Photobucket


Wow! An elephant topiary. So very cool!
Photobucket


I love these ones from Beckley Park in Oxfordshire. Who knew you could shape a tree into a bear?
Photobucket


I love this row of spiral topiaries.
Photobucket


These trees are quite unusual. It kind of looks like a huge piece of broccoli! :)
Photobucket


This is a photo by Stephen Buchan of a topiary outside a church in Costa Rica.
Photobucket


This topiary in Château de Villandry, France is utterly amazing. I can just imagine the amount of work it was to create and maintain this masterpiece.
Photobucket

This website Topiary Arts is a great resource for all things topiary. It has categories such as maintenance and care and pruning and cutting.

I can't wait to pot my trees. It's going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...