Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken

I bought some chicken thighs and wanted to try something new. I came across this recipe - Honey Baked Chicken. It looked good, so I decided to try it. Although it's called Honey Baked Chicken, I like to call it Honey Mustard Chicken because well, there is mustard in it and to me, that name just sounds better. :)


Here is the raw chicken in the marinade. I love to line my pans with aluminum foil because that way, clean up is a cinch!

Photobucket


Right out of the oven...hmm...hmmm...

Photobucket


Honey mustard chicken with brown basmati rice, mashed potatoes, and salad.

Photobucket

As a side note, Tobias LOVES mashed potatoes. I gave him some huge spoonfuls and he ate them lickety split and asked for more! Honestly, he can eat two whole potatoes himself. Did I tell you that he LOVES mashed potatoes?!!

Mateo does not care for mashed potatoes. At. all. I think it stemmed from the time I tried to hide some mashed cauliflower in with the mashed potatoes. I must have put too much cauliflower in because he said that the mashed potatoes tasted like cauliflower. Oops! Since that incident, he will not eat mashed potatoes.


Honey Baked Chicken

Ingredients:
1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces (I used chicken thighs)
1/2 cup butter, melted (I used a little less)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Place chicken pieces in a shallow baking pan, skin side up. Combine the melted butter or margarine, honey, mustard, salt and curry powder and pour the mixture over the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours (75 minutes), basting every 15 minutes with pan drippings, until the chicken is nicely browned and tender and the juices run clear.

4 comments:

  1. Looks Delicious! I'm going to try it with the chicken breasts I just bought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! It really is good! :) Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Going to try it out tonight.

    I'm also stopping by to let you know that I awarded your blog with the Versatile Blogger Award! Please come check out my post at:

    http://3princessesengraving.blogspot.com/2011/04/woot-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Cheers!
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Rachael!

    Yes, definitely try the chicken...it's very tasty! :)

    Thank you for the blog award! I am truly honored!!

    Happy Friday to you!
    Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...