Thursday, February 2, 2012

Month in Photos - January 2012

I'm so excited to be participating in this year's Month in Photos. Rebecca of simple as that has created a wonderful new template for 2012. You can download it here.

Month in Photos is a fabulous way to record your photo memories each month and at the end of 2012, you will have a year's worth of memories to reflect upon. My kids and I love looking at the scrapbook from last year.

Here is my collage for January.

Photobucket

The template is 12x12, but I haven't decided if I will keep it at 12x12 or size it down to 8x8. But what I do plan to do is have a blank white sheet of cardstock on the opposite page of the collage and add my journaling.

Then at the end of each month, I am going to print out the collage and journaling and slip them into the page protectors of a scrapbook album.

You could also replace one of the photo squares and add journaling in place of that spot each month. I contemplated doing that, but I usually have lots to say, so I opted to add journaling on a separate blank page.

Here is an example of what I mean about replacing a photo with journaling -

Photobucket

I think it looks great with the journaling replacing a photo in the template too. I may have to do that for some of the months when I don't have as much to say...but that will probably be a rare occasion when it comes to scrapbooking!

Or for a month that I have lots of photos, I can use a mirror image of the template to add a second page of photos and replace some of the photo spots with journaling.

Thanks so much Rebecca for making such a fantastic and versatile template!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...