Thursday, August 18, 2011

Remember to Back-up Your Files!

Yes, a definite note to self is to always remember to back up the computer files on a continual basis.

Why? Because a situation that happened yesterday, would have spelled
D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R if I didn't!

Yesterday morning, I turned on my computer like every other morning, and guess what? The tower would not turn on. I was on panic stage 5, but then calmed down when I remembered that I did a back-up a week ago, so I have 98% of my files on an external hard drive. I also have a laptop computer that I could work on while my desktop was being repaired.

So that morning, with Tobias in tow, I brought the computer to get repaired. I explained what happened and the technician said it sounded like it needed a new power supply.

I can't wait to get my desktop back. It's been awkward working on my laptop. Definitely not as fast, especially when I have multiple programs running and working in Photoshop.

But I am so thankful that I have it to work on along with the files on my external hard drive to access while I'm waiting to get my desktop back.

So the moral of the story is - Back Up Your Files...because you just never know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...