Sunday, August 7, 2011

Inspiration Sunday - White Decor

White. So clean. So fresh. So crisp. I don't know what it is about using a white palette in home decor, but I just love it. It looks so inviting. When the kids get (much) older, I will definitely be going white! But right now, it's just not practical in my house! :) For now, I can just look at some lovely and inspiring pictures.

I love this dining room table. It has such an elegant and cozy feel to it. That chandelier above the table is beautiful. Loving the white wash floors too.

Photobucket


How gorgeous is this? I think I'd feel like a queen lying down on it! I'm also loving all the windows and how much light comes through them.

Photobucket


Love all the cabinet space in this kitchen. I also love how the dark floors make such a dramatic impact on the all white kitchen.

Photobucket


This mirror is so beautiful and elegant.

Photobucket


This room is so cozy and inviting. A great room for entertaining with family and friends.

Photobucket


I love the round mirror. The yarn pom-poms in the clear glass jars are fantastic. I'll have to try that.

Photobucket


I had to add this picture as I love the turquoise walls contrasted against the white furniture. And yes, I love the color turquoise.

Photobucket


This room looks like a wonderful sitting room. Great to relax and read a good book.

Photobucket



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful spaces! I love looking at them, but they'd be kinda challenging to live in...children or not! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yes, you're probably right! :) But when there's a will there's a way! :O

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you found and shared these. I am almost done with my white kitchen, just have to work on the floor and then I can post the before and afters. The kitchen you posted is awesome. Enjoy the children while they are young they grow too fast. I am thankful I have grandchildren now and will enjoy wiping their hand marks off the white. Being a grandma is way different than being a parent. When my daughter was little there never seemed to be enough time to keep things spotless, so my friends had to accept that I was a slob. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments Carol! I love before and afters. I would love to see the before and after of your kitchen! I have to agree about the kitchen in the picture. Ah, my dream kitchen! :)

    I know what you mean about kids growing up way too fast. I can't believe how fast mine are growing. Sometimes I really wish that time would stand still. I always remind myself to cherish these precious times.

    LOL, about the slob comment! :) That's one thing I have to work on...is telling myself it's ok that the house is messy. Tomorrow is another day! :)

    Have a great evening! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't resist beautiful white spaces! Just so romantic and simple! (Actually a lot of effort to keep things white and dust free!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you! My current crush is white spaces! ♥ But, lol, yes, it would take some work to keep it crisp and white! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...