Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inspiration Sunday - Craft Spaces

I absolutely love craft spaces. I wish that I had an entire room in my house designated as a craft room, where I can create to my hearts content and then close the door at the end of the day without having to worry about fully cleaning up my creative mess. When I create, stuff gets everywhere! :)

I have a large foyer in my house where I have two long cabinets that hold the bulk of my craft things. I also have some things in the storage space under our stairs. And yet another cabinet in my bedroom. Yikes! I really have way too much! Tons of fabric, thread, scrapbooking paper and card stock, punches, rubber and acrylic stamps, ink, pens, a whole variety of embellishments, albums...the list goes on!

Enough about my space, well, I guess it's spaces since I don't have it all in one area. :) The following are some really beautiful spaces that definitely inspire.

This craft space is that of Jenny B. Harris, an amazing illustrator, designer and blogger of Allsorts. Love it, so colorful! Just invokes creativity!

Photobucket


This lovely sewing space was featured in Sarah and Steve's house tour on Apartment Therapy. The white peg board holding the scissors, thread and other sewing goodness is fabulous! I also love the cabinet on wheels that smartly slides under the desk.

Photobucket


Heather Bailey. What more can I say? What a dreamy space. I don't know what I love more, the white cabinet holding all of that yummy fabric or the green island with all of it's fabulous drawers.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I love this island from Founders Kitchen & Bath with its huge countertop workspace and many drawers. Although it's meant for a kitchen, why couldn't you put it in a craft room?

Photobucket


The Bedford Project Table from Pottery Barn is just lovely.

Photobucket


Last but not least is creative genius Martha Stewart. Here is her craft space in the attic of her Bedford, NY, house.

If you have an attic, what a great way to make use of the space.

Photobucket

I love how organized she is. She has so much counterspace to work on. Each set of cabinets is probably for a different genre of craft.

Photobucket

I love the pull-out cabinets that can hold paper flat.

Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed this week's Inspiration Sunday. Stay tuned next week for some more things that inspire!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...