Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was quite busy with one get together after another with family and friends. I did lots of baking on Christmas Eve...way too much! But when I get into a baking mood, I go nuts! :) I made chocolate fudge, butter tart slices, whipped shortbread, mint thins (recipe below), and lemon squares.


Photobucket

It's hard to believe that it is 2011 already. I have no idea where last year went. And I'm sure that this year will go by just as fast. I have lots planned for this year, so stay tuned! :)


Here is the recipe for the mint thins. This is the first time that I tried making them.
They turned out SO good!

Photobucket

Mint Thins

1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
36 Ritz Crackers
1 candy cane (6 inch), crushed

Microwave chocolate in small microwaveable bowl as directed on package. Stir until completely melted. Blend in extract.

Dip crackers in melted chocolate, completely coating crackers with chocolate. Carefully scrape off excess chocolate. Place crackers in single layer on waxed paper-covered (I used parchment paper) baking sheets; sprinkle with crushed candy.

Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...