Friday, January 14, 2011

Flourless Peanut-Chocolate Cookies

I receive a "Cookie of the Day" daily recipe from Martha Stewart in my inbox. The other day I got one in which the title intrigued me. Flourless Peanut-Chocolate Cookies. Flourless? I didn't know you could make a peanut butter cookie that was flourless. The only flourless type cookie I've made are coconut macaroons.

Flourless. No flour means less carbs. Peanut butter. Peanut butter has protein. Less carbs and protein. Great! Convinced I had to try this. I'm so glad that I did. So. so. good.

Photobucket

Flourless Peanut-Chocolate Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts (I didn't have any, so I omitted this)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 large egg (lightly beaten), 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. Stir in 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts.

With moistened hands, roll dough, about 1 heaping tablespoon at a time, into balls. Place 2 inches apart on two baking sheets.

Bake until cookies are golden and puffed, 12 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...I'll have to try those out! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! :) They are really good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...