Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Roger's 9 Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are absolutely delicious! They taste good and are so nutritious for the kids. They just gobble them up like little turkeys! :)

Roger's 9 Grain Cereal is made up of wheat flakes, oat flakes, wheat bran, barley flakes, rye flakes, triticale flakes, oat flour, millet, cornmeal, flax seed, sunflower seed, and wheat germ. So much good stuff for my little ones!

I also love the fact that the recipe only uses 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of margarine (or butter).

This picture reminds me of the song that Cookie Monster sings on Sesame Street. Maybe because my fingers are making the letter 'C' and I'm holding a cookie? :)

Ok, sing it with me now! :)

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C

Photobucket

Roger's 9 Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 cups Roger's 9 Grain Cereal
3/4 cup flour (I use whole wheat flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cups chocolate chips (I add just a little more)
(I also add 2 Tablespoons of ground flax seed for added nutrition)

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine dry ingredients then set aside. In a separate large bowl, beat margarine (or butter) with brown sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Next add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Mix well. Drop by the teaspoon on a greased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...