Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday!

This week we celebrated Mateo's birthday. These years have gone by so quickly! It's so sad for me to watch my first born growing up. Way.too.fast.

Here is a picture of my sweet birthday boy.

Photobucket

I asked Mateo how he felt that it was his birthday. Here's his reaction. :)

Photobucket

For his classmates I made some cupcakes complete with hand cut cupcake wrappers, handmade happy birthday signs and a little jungle animal for each child. I think that they turned out so cute!

Photobucket

I used Photoshop to get all the 'Happy Birthday Mateo' signs on one sheet, printed them out and then cut them using my handy exacto knife, quilting ruler and quilting mat. I then cut out the navy blue backgrounds, adhered the 'Happy Birthday Mateo' signs onto them and then adhered the whole thing on small bamboo forks. Love the bamboo forks! Perfect for the project and no pointy ends for the kids! Yeah!

Photobucket

Here is the resulting signs, ready to be put on each cupcake.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...