Sunday, May 15, 2011

Inspiration Sunday - Playhouses

Last year we purchased a cedar playhouse for our backyard. The kids love it! Perfect for them to hide out in and take shelter from the sun on those hot summer days. Their home away from home! :) And I figure that when the kids outgrow it, it can be used as a tool shed. Just perfect.

I thought I would do an Inpsiration Sunday post on playhouses. It's amazing how elaborate some are. Like a real miniature house. Wow!

What little boy (or girl!) wouldn't love a pirate ship playhouse? So cool!

Photobucket
Red Beard's Revenge Pirate Ship Playhouse


I can't believe this is a playhouse. It looks like a real house. I love the deck on the upper level and the little deck on the lower level complete with adirondack chair.


Photobucket
American Craftsman


How fun is this? To climb up a ladder to get to the house and then to be able to go down a slide to get down. Love it! I also think that it is so neat to have a sandbox underneath the house. Nice and shady for those warm summer days!

Photobucket
Little Squirt Playhouse


I love this cape cod style playhouse with the sundeck on the side and all the beautiful flowers decorating the front yard.

Photobucket
Cotton Candy Manor Playhouse


This playhouse looks like a getaway retreat at a ski resort. All we need is the snow! :) I love all the windows and shutters and the window boxes for putting flowers in. Flowers in bloom would look so beautiful!

Photobucket
Tudor House


This is quite the colonial style playhouse mansion. Pretty elaborate!

Photobucket
Grand Portico Mansion Wood Playhouse


I love the landscaping surrounding this gorgeous playhouse. I love the faux chimney or maybe it's real? I wonder if I would be able to fit in this playhouse? Kind of my home away from home? :)

Photobucket
American Craftsman


I also happened upon this site called Project Playhouse where when you purchase a playhouse for your family it helps build a home for someone else. The "Playhouse Gallery" is quite amazing. It gives you an 'inside' look at the playhouse. They are miniature houses! Very cool!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! I can not believe those playhouses!


    Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, aren't they quite amazing?!? I hope you had a wonderful Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandson and I were just talking about tree houses and he mentioned a pirate ship one. These play houses are amazing. Can you imagine the pirate ship one in a tree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to believe that they are playhouses!

    Yes, a pirate ship in a tree would definitely be fantastic! My boys would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...