Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Paleo Granola

Since August, my husband and I have been on a modified Paleo way of eating. We are not strict Paleo, as we still eat dairy, like cheese (just can't give up cheese!) and a few other things that are restricted in the Paleo diet.

I have heard of Paleo Granola and was intrigued that it was made from nuts and seeds. No oats, whatsoever. So I decided to give it a try. I am so glad that I did.

I have made this recipe for Paleo Granola quite a few times now. It is SO good! I don't even miss the oats. It tastes good on it's own as a snack, with a bit of almond milk, or on top of Greek yogurt. Yummy!

 Paleo Granola | mateoandtobias.com

First I placed the chopped almonds and pecans, pumpkin seeds, and shredded coconut in a large bowl.

 Paleo Granola | mateoandtobias.com

Next I put the coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan.

 Paleo Granola | mateoandtobias.com

Over low heat, I mixed the ingredients until they were dissolved and blended together.

 Paleo Granola | mateoandtobias.com

I then put the coconut oil mixture into the bowl with the nuts, seeds, and coconut.

 Paleo Granola | mateoandtobias.com

Mix, mix, mix until everything is well combined.

Paleo Granola | mateoandtobias.com

I then spread the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees, stirring
occasionally, for about 20 minutes.

Paleo Granola | mateoandtobias.com

Once cool add a cup of raisins.

Then, enjoy as a snack on it's own, with a little almond milk, or on top of yogurt.

Paleo Granola | mateoandtobias.com

Paleo Granola
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey
1/8 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Place the almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and coconut in a large bowl.

Next, put the coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan and heat on low stirring occasionaly until ingredients are melted and blended together.

Pour the coconut oil mixture into the large bow with the nuts, seeds, and coconut. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.

Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Once baked and cooled, place in a container and add 1 cup of raisins.

Enjoy!

Recipe adapted slightly from Paleo OMG


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...