Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sale Number 200

This past weekend, I made sale number 200! I am SO thankful and SO excited about this. I opened up my Etsy shop last year on August 30, but didn't actually list anything until the beginning of September. After I hit 100 sales, my goal was to try to make 200 sales by my one year anniversary on Etsy. I feel so blessed to have met that goal early!

Here is a little bit about why I started my shop.

Since I was a little girl, I loved creating. I used to sew animals and design and sew clothes for myself (like my grade 12 grad dress). I also loved drawing, painting, you name it, I tried it!

Now, being a stay-at-home-mom, I started my Etsy shop as a way to express my need to create and do something constructive with the gifts that God has given me.

Before I had kids, I used to sell scrapbook layouts and embellishments on eBay. It was so fun to create different layouts and pieces to sell. I met some amazing and wonderful people through eBay.

Here are a few examples of what I used to sell.

The next three pictures are 12x12 pre-made scrapbook layouts that I used to create. Just add your pictures and journaling and you're done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I also created embellishments like these tags that you could add to your scrapbook layout. Paper piecing used to be a big thing on eBay.
Not sure if it still is.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After my first child was born (and then my second), I stopped selling on eBay because I wanted to devote my time to being a Mom and enjoy every moment with my sweet children.

Now that my youngest is older, I found that I really missed creating. I didn't want to go back to selling scrapbook pages on eBay, so pondered what else I enjoyed doing. I love sewing. I love graphic design and art. I love photography. What could I do?

Well, I also love stuffed toys, so I started sketching out some animals to sew. I then created the pattern pieces for the animals. Next, I put the pattern to work and cut out some fabric and sewed the pieces together. With this came the birth of Cocoa Bear, and then Sammy Raccoon, Ribberty Ribbitz Frog, Tokala Fox, Swoops Beaker Owl, and Perth Crocodile.

I started designing wall prints for my kid's rooms and absolutely fell in love with doing this. I then decided to offer them for sale in my Etsy shop. I love color. I love typography. I love design. Wall prints were the perfect answer to my obsession with these three things.

So there I am today, at this present moment. I have so many ideas in my head, that I keep a journal with the ideas written down, so I don't forget them. Because if I don't write them down, I will surely forget!

I'm not sure where my shop will bring me in the future, but I have had so much fun and have met so many fabulous people through Etsy.

Thank you so much for making my dream a reality! ♥


6 comments:

  1. hi cathy, inspiring post. thanks for sharing. hope you hit 300 soon. i have a long way to go but hopefully will be able to sell more frm me little shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to learn more of you and your shop. I follow you through facebook and see great development on your wall prints. I feel you really have fun with it and not surprised at all to see you get to 200 sales so quickly!

    In fact, I envy your diligence and determination.:D

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison! Thanks so much for your kind comments! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. All the best to you and may you get an abundance of sales! :)) Have a great evening! Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pavinee! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. They brought a huge smile to my face! :) I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog post and for commenting on it. Have a super evening! Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making 200! I love all your little animals :) Especially the Raccoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Laurie, you're so kind! ♥ So happy you like my little critters! :) Have a great evening! Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...