Sunday, June 12, 2011

Inspiration Sunday - Furniture Makeovers

I LOVE furniture makeovers. Some before and after pictures are absolutely astounding!

We have a dining room set that we received as a gift when we got our first house years ago. Since having kids, the chairs have really taken a beating. The worst are the spaghetti stains. No matter how hard I tried to scrub out the stains, you can still tell they are there.

Last summer, I decided it was time to reupholster the chairs. I wanted a bold color, so I settled on this rich, soft velvet feeling fabric. This was my first time reupholstering any sort of furniture. It was so much fun. I love the result. It has really changed the look of the chair and it's stain free...for now! :) And when I get bored of the color and texture of the fabric, I can change it up. (I love the color turqoise and I'm just waiting for the right fabric to come along!)

Talking about stain free...I also had some clear vinyl type material that I cut to fit the surface of the seat, so that when the kids are eating at the table, I can just fit the plastic over the seat and yay, no more worries about food falling on the chair! Woo-hoo!

Here's a before and after picture.

Photobucket



And here are some amazing furniture transformations. Stunning!


Before - This chest is just blah. It looks dated and worn.

Photobucket

After - Wow, I love how it was painted white and the top was reupholstered in green. What a difference!

Photobucket


Before - I like the style of this chair, but it definitely needs some updating!
Photobucket

After - What a change! I love the metal studs placed along the front of the chair. Although, I'm not crazy about the fabric (I would have chosen no pattern on the fabric and a brighter looking color. Leather would be nice too!), it's a far cry from the original!

Photobucket


Before - This vanity looks like it was well used and well loved.

Photobucket

After - What a difference some color makes! I love how the vanity was transformed into a desk. I also love the message board on the wall. Beau-ti-ful!

Photobucket


Before - This dated tv cart needs some loving.

Photobucket

After - I love how the tv cart was transformed into a night table. I love how the casters were replaced by legs. I normally don't like wall paper adorning furniture, but this is just plain lovely!

Photobucket


Before - This wardrobe cabinet looks well used and looks like it has been run through the mill!

Photobucket

After - Wow, you can hardly tell that they are the same cabinet! I love the bold 'I Love You' painted onto the cabinet. Very cool! The flower adds a unique touch also.

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. I love before and afters. These are beautiful! I actually like the patterns on the wood if it's appropriate for the style of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Sher! I agree with you...I love before and afters too. So amazing some of the transformations! Have a great evening! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...