Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Butter Tart Slice

My son's class had a "Christmas Tea" where they had a nativity performance. The performance was so enjoyable. My son got to play one of the wisemen. His teacher asked him if he wanted to play Joseph, but he said, "No, I want to be a wiseman". He told me later that he wanted to be a wiseman because he wanted to wear a crown. LOL! :)

I made Butter Tart Slices to bring to the Christmas Tea. I love this recipe from The Best of Bridge cookbook. So good, yet so simple to make. I made a 9x13 inch pan and came home with an empty dish! :)

Photobucket

Butter Tart Slice

The Crust:
2 cups flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
pinch salt

The Filling:
3 eggs beaten
2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 Tbsp. baking powder
pinch salt
3/4 cup coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup raisins
3 tsps flour

To make crust, combine first four ingredients and press into a 9"x13" pan.

To make filling, melt butter, add eggs and remaining ingredients. Pour over crust. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Cut when hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...